Divorce is a complicated process at the best of times, but when you’ve got a narcissistic personality to deal with throughout the entire experience, it can feel like you’re two steps away from tearing your hair out. These people make it feel as though you’ll never be able to move on with your life because they go out of their way to make the settlement as complicated as possible. Narcissists refuse to relinquish their control over a former partner, and that makes coming to terms on things like equitable distribution, maintenance, and more incredibly tricky.
according to “LiveAbout.com“, the characteristics of a narcissist might include:
- An overwhelming need to be right
- An obsession with control
- A lack of interest in negotiation
- No ability to feel remorse
- Wants to be admired and respected
- May go out of their way to slow down the divorce procedure
- Hangs onto resentment and negative feelings
So, how do you deal with a narcissist in a divorce? The simplest solution is to prepare yourself for a bumpy road.